Samskip is an international company offering transport by land, sea and air. In addition to container, conventional and project cargo transportation, Samskip provides flexible and reliable port agency services in Iceland and currently represents several major cruise brands.
Our agents have a solid understanding of the needs of our cruise clients and work closely with Icelandic authorities, harbours and private sector vendors. We typically handle cruise calls in the various ports in Iceland from smaller adventure vessels to some of the largest ships visiting Iceland. We aim to tailor our services around our clients’ needs with cost-effective solutions.
With a head office in Reykjavík and a network of offices and agents around the country, our employees understand the need for accuracy and speed in DA submission (Documents against Acceptance) to our clients, and strive to send operation related DAs fast and seamlessly.
Our agency services include:
• 24 hour agency services
• Close coordination with port authorities regarding pilot & tug services
• All customs, immigration and coast guard formalities
• Coordination of medical services for crew and passengers
• Competitive quotes for FCL and LCL shipments to Iceland through our international shipping network
• Clearance of spare parts
• Crew changes and immigration formalities
• Garbage and hazmat disposal services
• Diligent splitting and submission of invoices to our client’s relevant business units through electronic invoicing systems or traditional hard copy
Samskip is a global logistics company offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air with a particular focus on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport.
With an annual turnover of over EUR 580 million, Samskip is now one of the larger European transport companies, with offices in 24 countries in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing approximately 1,300 people around the world.
Samskip is headquartered in the Netherlands, but was originally founded in Iceland in 1990. Since then Samskip has produced consistent organic growth complemented by strategic acquisitions.
Samskip’s transportation and logistics activities focus mainly on the following sectors: European multimodal transport; North Atlantic integrated logistics; worldwide temperature controlled and ambient cargo forwarding and logistics and European reakbulk and project cargo movements.
104 Reykjavík, Iceland
Tel. + 354 458 8000
Fax + 354 458 8100